PDA

View Full Version : suitable programme or advice.

brib1988
14-02-2008, 12:28 PM
i want to put some programmes onto disc but they are too big for them to be placed onto normal cd disc so i have to put them onto a dvd rom disc but i dont know how to iv tried compressing them and tried using magic iso, can any one help with trying to get these programmes onto a disc?

Wolfeymole
14-02-2008, 12:35 PM
How big is the data that you want to burn Brib?

brib1988
14-02-2008, 12:44 PM
well i know i will have to place the programmes onto two discs but the over all size is 7.3gb

RandyL
14-02-2008, 12:48 PM
Hi brib;

First of all what version of Windows are you using? Vista has a native DVD burning software. XP only has a native CD burning software.

Aside from that if you have a DVD burner it most likely came with software. Which programs do you have. Perhaps Roxio or Nero?

Maybe if you supply the exact make and model of your computer as well as the operating system we can determine what your options are.

What I don't understand is why a "PROGRAM" won't fit onto a CD. Very few programs would need more the 750 MB. Unless you are talking about an operating system like XP or Vista.

Can you give us more information please?
RandyL

Wolfeymole
14-02-2008, 12:52 PM
You will have to get double layer single sided dvd disks that can hold up to 8.5GB but do you have a dvd drive that will support them?

brib1988
14-02-2008, 01:02 PM
yes i have a dvd drive that will will support them i copied a windows xp os onto a dvd disc before and it worked perfectly fine no problems. randyl in my post i specified programmes so i have multiple programmes to go to disc but i do not want to waste single discs putting one programme on to it. I will look for a burning programme but in the mean time the computer is an advent 7094 with 256mb ddr ram, 30gb hdd and a 1.5ghz intel celeron M 370 processor.